Your rights & responsibilities
Everyone should enjoy living in their home
Your tenancy agreement sets out your rights and responsibilities - what you can expect from Loreburn, and what Loreburn expects from you.
If you have a joint tenancy, both tenants have equal rights and responsibilities.
As a tenant, you:
• Have a right to occupy your home as long as you and anyone living or visiting you keep to the terms of your tenancy agreement
• Have the right to receive information and be involved in our decision-making processes
You have a responsibility to:
- Occupy your property as your only or principal home
- Pay your rent on time
- Treat our people and your neighbours with courtesy; never acting in a way that could be anti social or threatening to others
- Keep your home and common areas in good order and report repairs to us promptly
- Allow access to your home for any repairs, safety checks or other planned maintenance or investment works
- Ask for permission for any alterations or improvements you may wish to make
- Keep us updated on any changes to your household circumstances
- Provide us with at least 4 weeks notice if you intend to move out
Our responsibilities to you include:
- Maintaining your home to a high standard, making sure it’s warm, secure and comfortable
- Informing and consulting with you if we’re proposing to make any changes to the services you receive
- Giving you information about how we perform. We report certain performance to the Scottish Social Housing Charter.