Did you know that not all repairs are carried out by us?
As part of your Tenancy Agreement, there are some repairs that are your responsibility.
In general, we are responsible for maintenance and repair of your home's structure, exterior, fixtures and fittings, heating, hot water and gas and electrical installations.
We're also responsible for repairs to communal areas.
Your responsibilities include...
- Replacing lost or damaged keys
- Internal decoration
- Carrying out minor repairs
- Replacing batteries in smoke detectors
- Cleaning and upkeep of your home
- Repairing and maintaining fixtures or fittings owned or installed by you
- Putting right any damage caused by you, even if it's accidental
- Replacing damaged glass (unless it's caused by vandalism)
- Putting right damage caused by Police through the enactment of a search warrant
- Damage to sinks, sanitary-ware, plugs and chains and replacing internal door handles
Please refer to the Repairs and Maintenance section of your Tenants Handbook for more information about Repairs Responsibilities.
The majority of our tenants keep their homes in GREAT condition, but we understand that accidents can happen.
If a repair is needed due to damage caused by anyone living at your home or visiting you, even if this is accidental, then you will be responsible for the cost. This is what we call a rechargable repair.
We have a rechargeable repairs policy to ensure our approach is fair, consistent and clear. The money we allocate for repairs must be spent only on work we have a responsibility for as the service is funded from rent paid by tenants.
We will always tell you about additional charges before we carry out any works. We will also give you an estimate of the cost. If it’s an emergency you will receive the bill after we’ve completed the work