Changes to your tenancy

It's important you let us know about any changes in your circumstances or household

We need to know about the following changes:

  • If someone has moved out
  • If someone has moved in
  • If you want to keep a pet
  • If you've got married
  • If your financial circumstances have changed

If you've been diagnosed with a serious illness or disability, or consider yourself to be vulnerable, please let us know that too so we can tailor services around any requirements you might have.

You can contact your Neighbourhood Officer directly or complete our online enquiry form.

Applying for a joint tenancy

If you are a sole tenant and want someone to move in, or if you're wanting an existing member of the household to become a joint tenant, you can ask us about this. 

This gives you, and the person who becomes the joint tenant, equal rights and responsibility for the tenancy and property. 

Transferring the tenancy to another person

Your tenancy can be transferred to another person by assignation or succession.
Assignation is when you transfer the tenancy to another member of your household, and succession is when the tenancy is inherited after a tenant dies.

In both cases, there are certain conditions that need to be met, including letting us know about those living with you. 

Your Neighbourhood Officer will be able to support and give advice on any of these matters.  

Ending your tenancy

If you intend to move out you must end your tenancy by giving us at least 28 days' notice. 

Your rent account will need to be paid up to the end of your tenancy and your home left in a good condition.

On receiving your Notice we'll be in touch to let you know the next steps and to arrange an assessment of your property. Take a look at Moving Out & Our GREAT Goodbye for more information.

Give notice to end your tenancy