White Goods & Fire Safety
Posted on 25th Sep 2018 at 16:09 ( Last updated on 25th Sep 2018 at 16:30 )
Tumble dryers, washing machine, fridges and freezers can all cause electrical fires. Here's what you need to know to stay safe:
- If you are concerned about the safety of a product stop using it and make your concern known to the retailer, manufacturer or your local Trading Standards office.
- Clean your tumble dryer filter after every load.
- Don't overload sockets with lots of energy-hungry appliances – follow the one plug per socket rule.
- A list of recalled products is available on the gov.uk Product Recall page.
- Take extra care with second-hand appliances, ensure they have been safety checked and are not listed on the product recall register.
- Always make sure new appliances are registered so that manufacturers can contact you in the event of any problems – it takes minutes to registermyappliance.org.uk