Join Our GREAT Team
Clerk of Works
Salary:- £23,106.32-£29,391.10 Location: Agile (throughout Dumfries & Galloway)
35 hours per week (Mon-Fri) Reporting to Head of Development
Working at Loreburn is more than just a job! You’ll get to …
- Contribute to creating GREAT Places to live.
- Enjoy a wide range of benefits including personal healthcare, flexible working, a relaxed working environment which allows for dress down Friday, 35 days Holiday and many more.
- Join a progressive, fast paced and modern Housing Association that aspires to be the best in Scotland and who hold triple Investor in People Awards
About the role
As a Clerk of Works you will ensure that our customers receive the highest level of service and actively demonstrate our values in your day to day work. You’ll be working closely with the Development team and have the responsibility to inspect contractors work on any of Loreburn’s new build housing developments or planned maintenance contracts to ensure the highest possible standards of quality and create GREAT places to live. Under the direction of the Head of Development you will prepare reports, work closely with the Development Officers, Lead Consultants and contractors and assist officers in the handover process. You will also support and embrace our commitment to build energy efficient homes to, wherever possible, Passivhaus Principles and become a Passivhaus Champion on behalf of Loreburn Housing Association.
We are looking for an individual who :-
- Has up to date working knowledge of building technology and regulations
- Can demonstrate a basic understanding of Passivhaus construction principles
- Has excellent verbal and written communication
- Has a proven track record of providing customer-faced, high quality service
- Has an ability to work on their own initiative, with attention to detail and accuracy, pulling together comprehensive information whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
- Is a Team player
- Preferably has experience of working in the construction or housing maintenance industry
- Is willing to learn new skills and embrace modern methods of construction
For more information please access the Role Profile. To apply please complete a copy of our application form and submit to Recruitment@Loreburn.org.uk
For an informal discussion please contact Graham Robertson, Head of Development on 01387 321316.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on the 23rd of April 2019
If you would like to be notified when a new vacancy becomes available, please enter your name and email address into the box below: