Join Our GREAT Team
Modern Apprentice (Dumfries based)
Thank you for your interest in this position. Enclosed is the information you will require to assist you in completing your application.
To apply please can you:
- Complete the Application Form
- Complete Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Indicate on the Application Form if you cannot attend any of the interview dates.
Please note that applications can only be considered if all the above documentation is completed.
For more information please download the Role Profile
It is not mandatory to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. The information requested is for monitoring purposes in line with our commitment to equality and diversity, and will not affect the outcome of your application.
Once complete, please send your application, preferably in MS Word format, by email to
The closing date for completed applications is 9am Monday 28th October 2019. Any applications received after this time cannot be considered.
It is your responsibility to ensure that we have received your application. If you do not receive
confirmation of receipt of your application from us within 24 hours of sending, please call 01387 321300 and ask to speak to the People & Culture team to ensure it has arrived. You should also ensure that you use a secure email address from which to send your application, as our system will filter out emails if it believes them to have been sent from unsecured sites that are often used to send spam emails. In order to avoid last minute IT issues, we also ask that you allow yourself ample time to submit your application in advance of the deadline.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing.
In House Repairs – Electrician
Trades Band E: £25,554 - £28,116
Working at Loreburn is more than just a job! You’ll get to …
- Contribute to creating GREAT Places to live.
- Create a dynamic, fun and ever-changing work environment.
- Enjoy an informal, non-bureaucratic fun and productive workplace.
- Support customer engagement
- Enjoy a wide range of benefits including personal healthcare, flexible working, a relaxed working environment which allows for dress down Friday, 35 days Holiday and many more.
- Join a progressive, fast paced and modern Housing Association that aspires to be the best in Scotland and who hold triple Investor in People Awards
About the role
The successful candidate will undertake duties within the electrical trade with the minimum of supervision, understand and comply with all relevant legal and company standards and policies for Health & Safety and work to the requirements of the current IEE 18th Edition regulations.
The successful candidate will understand and competently work on a wide range of electrical systems including fault finding, testing, alteration, maintenance and repair as well as safely inspect, identify and determine the extent of all allocated works
This post will require the successful candidate to participate in an emergency ‘out of hours’ service as required, including carrying out other multi-skilled trade work where necessary.
We are looking for an individual who:-
- Is a time served electrician, qualified to IEE 18th Edition certification, plus 5 years post qualifying experience, preferably in the social housing sector.
- Has a proven track record of delivering effective professional, customer-focused service.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with attention to detail and accuracy, whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
- Is a team player
For more information please access the Role Profile.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or alternatively via post to Huntingdon, 27 Moffat Road, Dumfries, DG1 1NN.
For an informal discussion please contact Stuart McKay, Head of In-House Repairs on 01387 321371.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 21st October at 12pm.
Interview will take place on Friday 25th October.
If you would like to be notified when a new vacancy becomes available, please enter your name and email address into the box below: