Supported Living Tenancies

Fraser CourtLoreburn works in partnership with Dumfries & Galloway’s Health and Social Care Partnership to provide ‘Supported Living’ accommodation for people with complex and enduring health conditions between the ages of 16 and 65. This includes learning and physical disabilities, mental health conditions and other illnesses or disabilities and where a degree of support is needed.

Referrals to the service are made via Social Services and nominations are considered by the Adult Supported Accommodation and Residential Placement Panel whose members include representatives from Social Services, Community Mental Health Team, Homelessness Department, The Common Housing Register, NHS and Loreburn.

We have a variety of properties across the region, some of which have been specially adapted to meet the needs of people with physical disabilities.  These properties are barrier free with wet rooms and most have overhead tracking hoists.  We also provide accommodation designed specifically for people with autism.

Several of our properties are shared by between 2 to 4 individuals with similar needs.  These properties are always staffed when the occupants are at home and they are assisted by staff with daily living activities and to engage in social activities.  Properties shared by more than 2 unrelated individuals are subject to House in Multiple Occupancy (HMO) legislation.

Supported DevelopmentCare and Support provision is commissioned by the Council and provided by several approved specialist organisations including Community Integrated Care, Key Community Support, Leonard Cheshire DisabilityThe Richmond Fellowship Scotland, Turning Point Scotland and Voyage Care. 

Support providers are usually based within each development and operate either a sleepover or waking night service from this base, depending on the levels of support needed.

If you think this is the type of accommodation you or a member of your family needs, please contact us on 01387 321300 or email 

Alternatively, if you have contact with Social Services already, you may wish to speak with you or your family member’s allocated social worker and ask about a supported living tenancy with Loreburn.