Supported Housing - Young Peoples Service
Our Supported Housing Service for young people provides accommodation for people aged 16 – 25 years who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. We offer a safe and secure environment with qualified supported housing advisors on hand.Delivered from Hope Place, Dumfries, we aim to enable young people to improve their quality of life and open doors to access new opportunities.
- Do you need help with accessing a safe home?
- Are you aged 16-25?
- Are you homeless or at risk of homelessness?
- Do you need support to manage your own home?
- Are you ready to work towards accessing training, education, volunteering or employment?
- What you can expect …
- You will be listened too and respected by staff
- High quality support tailored to your own unique needs and choices
- You will be fully involved in all decisions about your support
- You will have access to opportunities to build your confidence and self esteem
- You will have access to experiences which help you develop as an individual
- You will have fun!
Introduction to what we offer
We support Young People towards independent living, learning and work. We have Supported Housing Advisors on site who oversee the day to day management of our building, and who are on hand to provide support, advice and guidance to our customers. We are proud of the Young People who have worked hard and engaged in the support provided to successfully transition to their own home. We adopt a positive approach to working with young people, some of whom have had a difficult start in life and have not had access to opportunities that others have had.
In order to successfully support the Young People who access our service to move forward in their lives, we will work together to address any issues or difficulties they are facing and help them reach their full potential and identify what they would like to achieve in life. We then assist them to put in place the support, guidance and assistance required to achieve their goals. We work in partnership with other local services to provide access to opportunities and create the appropriate environment for Young People to develop their talents. Young People can select from a range of ‘Structured Support’ options to build a personalised packaged of support and training specific to their own unique goals and aspirations.
Housing for Young People
There are many reasons why a young person may need a safe home alongside personalised support to progress towards a positive and productive future.
We deliver Supported Housing for Young People aged 16-25 years as a commissioned service on behalf of Dumfries & Galloway Council. Referrals and access to the service are determined through assessment by the local authority.