We Are All Equal!
Loreburn is committed to eliminating discrimination, and to promoting good relations and equality of opportunity in everything we do. We aim to be fair in how we deal with people, communities and organisations who we work with and for, and to take into account the diverse nature of different cultures and backgrounds.
In line with this, we provide services to help residents who might otherwise be disadvantaged, including:
- Refuge Accommodation – we provide accommodation for Dumfries Women’s Aid who give practical help and support to women suffering from domestic violence.
- Supported Accommodation - we provide housing with support for young people and for those with mental health issues or learning difficulties.
- Adaptations for Disabled People – we carry out adaptations for disabled people, such as handrails, ramps, lever taps and over bath showers. Working with the Council’s Occupational Therapy service we also carry out more significant adaptations in our tenants' homes.
- Interpreting – we have a telephone interpreting service which our staff can use to communicate with people whose first language is not English.
- Translation – we can translate any information into another language and provide large print, audio and Braille versions if you need these.
- Website – our website can be translated into a variety of different languages by clicking on “Select Language” at the top of each page.
For further information on our approach to equality, diversity and inclusion please refer to our Equality & Diversity Policy.