Help with School Clothing and Meals
Dumfries & Galloway Council offer assistance to families in receipt of certain qualifying benefits to help with the costs of buying school uniforms and providing school meals.
The award of clothing grants is to assist with the cost of school clothing for families who are on a qualifying benefit or on a low income.
Grants will not be awarded to pupils aged 16 (or who turn 16 between 1 March and 30 September) until after the summer holidays. The school will be required to confirm attendance.
Clothing grant payments from Dumfries and Galloway are now paid directly to the applicant's bank account. You must fully complete the method of payment election form attached to the application. Payments can't be made to Post Office accounts.
All pupils in Primary 1, 2 and 3 are given free school meals throughout Dumfries & Galloway. However, free school meals are available for local families on qualifying benefits for older pupils at primary and secondary school in certain situations. Your child will receive free school meals if you receive any of the benefits detailed below.
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance (Income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income based)
- Child Tax Credit on its own, with an annual taxable income of less than £16,105 (subject to change)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £6,420 (subject to change)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
You must notify the Education & Services Department if there are any changes to your financial circumstances.
How to Apply
Community and Commissioning
30 Edinburgh Road