Return to Noticeboard

Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Save Lives!

Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Save Lives!

We all take many things in life for granted, often the small things.

Some of the important small things are the smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, which we pass by most days and generally don’t give them a second thought.

The fire which recently took place in London is something which we all hope never to experience, so we ask that you take a few minutes to check the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms in your home.

Most smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms are tested by pressing the “test” button for around 10 seconds, until the alarm sounds loudly

Please do this to every alarm in your home, It could save your life

If you do this and it doesn’t make a sound, please call us on 01387 321 300 and we’ll make arrangements to have it replaced.

Please ……

 Do this every week;

 Never remove the batteries from your smoke alarm or carbon monoxide alarm;

 Never paint over the alarms;

 Never put stickers on them;

 Never cover them up

If you would like the Scottish Fire Services to carry out a FREE home fire safety visit, it's easy to arrange:

call 0800 0731 999 or
text "FIRE" to 80800 from your mobile phone or
complete an online form
or call your local fire station