The Way We Allocate Our Properties Is Changing….
Here at Loreburn our mission is “Creating Great Places to Live” and part of our commitment to this includes reviewing how we allocate our homes.
In order to allow our customers to have improved access to affordable housing across Dumfries & Galloway and empowering them to have greater control over where they call ‘home’, we have taken the decision to leave the Common Housing Register (Homes4D&G).
With effect from 9th October 2017 we will be using a Choice Based Lettings system, Loreburn Lettings, to maintain our housing register and allocate our properties.
(Until this time, properties will still be allocated through the Common Housing Register).
Loreburn Lettings is an online system where available properties will be advertised on a weekly basis. Following a simple registration process, customers can bid for up to three properties per week, track their bid’s progress, and edit their details and preferences.
Instead of selecting a general location/area of choice, customers will have the opportunity to tailor their application to find a home that meets their personal needs and wishes, allowing much more choice.
If you do not have internet/computer access or would like more information about Loreburn Lettings, please Contact Us.
We will also be holding a number of drop-in session across the region to provide further information:
- Monday 13th July - 11am-1pm - The Hub, Friars Vennel, Dumfries
- Thursday 10th August - 10am-3pm - The Usual Place, Academy Street, Dumfries
- Wednesday 16th August - 10.30am-12.30pm - The McMillan Hall, Newton Stewart
- Friday 18th August - 10.30-12.30pm - The Town Hall, Castle Douglas
- Tuesday 22nd August - 10.30am-12.30pm - Loreburn Housing Office, Hanover Street, Stranraer
- Wednesday 30th August - 10.30am-12.30pm - The Library, Sanquhar
- Thursday 7th September - 10.30am-12.30pm - The Market Hall, Annan